INTERN WITH VOZ!
Voz is currently seeking highly motivated individuals who are passionate about issues of social and economic justice to join our team as interns! Internships at Voz are unpaid. Currently, there is once position available (description below). However, as Interns finish with their terms, we will be looking to fill those positions. So, please feel free to send us your resume and let us know why you are interested in VOZ:
- Executive Assistant Intern
Interested in gaining professional experience working with a well-established community nonprofit? E-mail your cover letter and resume to email@example.com to express your interest!
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT INTERN
SUPERVISOR: Deputy Director
- Assist the administrative staff (Executive Director, Deputy Director, Development Director, Bookkeeper) in day-to-day activities, and facilitate the efficiency, order and harmony of the administrative office of Voz.
- Communications: Answer the phone and check voice mail messages. Open and distribute postal correspondence. Assist the Executive Director in communication with the Executive Committee, especially in preparation for the monthly meetings.
- Document approval: Assure that checks, check requests, expense reports and other documents are reviewed and approved/signed in a timely fashion.
- Filing: Organize physical and electronic files. Keep personnel files up to date.
- Database entry and management: Assure that donor data is entered in a timely fashion and agrees with data in Quickbooks. Other database tasks as needed.
- Office supplies and equipment: Maintain a list of office supplies needed. Keep office equipment operating effectively.
- Policies and procedures: Assist in updating the Personnel Manual and creating a Manual of Procedures.
- Finance: Assist staff in making financial projections.
- Translation and interpretation (Spanish/English): Assist with translation of documents and interpretation as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 20-25 hours weekly
- Excellent Time Management and Organizational Skills
- Bilingual with Proficiency in English and Spanish
- Strong Communication Skills (Spoken and Written)
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Office, Excel, WordPress
- Passion and Commitment for Workers’ and Immigrant’s Rights