Annual Dinner 2022
Every year, we host our Annual Dinner to celebrate our incredible community of leaders and our victories in the movement for immigrant and worker rights. After two years of continually working through this pandemic and patiently waiting for a safe way to reintroduce our most important fundraiser, we are ready!
Inspired by the community we serve, we're reaching for the stars and want you to join us! This year, our fundraising goal is $25,000 and we know we can reach it with your support.
Despite the severity and seriousness of the pandemic and other transitions, we have accomplished a lot so far. Please come join us in celebrating the following wins:
- In 2021, we dispatched 180 individual workers to 3,208 jobs. This is an increase of around 70% from the jobs we were able to dispatch in 2020.
- Through grassroots fundraising, our community members donated $51,829 for direct economic relief for workers! We distributed the majority of this money with 130 workers receiving $360 each. The remaining money is available as a worker emergency relief fund.
- Over 300 food boxes were picked up or delivered and more than 2,200 prepared lunches have been served at the MLK Jr. Worker Center.
- A total of 29 day laborers attended and completed a two-day OSHA-10 training in December 2021 on health and safety at the worksite in collaboration with Casa Latina and the National Day Laborer Organizing Network (NDLON).
- In 2021, we adopted a Co-leadership model to ensure the sustainability of our organization and continue to grow with our value of shared power and transparency. Come Celebrate our two Co-Executive directors, Mary Chaparro and Karla Castaneda.
Mark your calendars and don't forget to Dress to Impress and wear what you makes you feel your best!
Support us by becoming a SPONSOR and/or BUY YOUR TICKETS TODAY and join us for a fun night of music, food and networking. See you there!
Can't make it? You can still support us in our goal of $25,000 by donating HERE!